What if SIAC were not around?
We certainly don’t like to contemplate that. But 20 years ago, SIAC didn’t exist. Twenty years from now, who knows? For a non-profit like us, it’s important to remember what we provide the security industry, so our contributors recognize the value we provide. Here are a few items for everyone in our industry to consider:
- Without SIAC, there would be no “go-to” individuals or materials nationwide to work with police departments when unilateral policies and procedures are announced with no input from the electronic security industry.
- Whose voice would be heard representing the security industry at the national law enforcement meetings like the International Association of Chiefs of Police, National Sheriffs’ Association, Major City Chiefs Association or Major County Sheriffs’ Association? Would it be an independent company representing its own special interests, unlike SIAC which takes a neutral position representing everyone?
- When an alarm company or several companies are looking to develop an ordinance that ensures police as first responders to alarm systems, they would have to reinvent the wheel EVERY TIME they faced this type of issue. SIAC is the repository of the model ordinance.
- If the security industry and law enforcement are looking to create an alliance statewide, there would be no information on how to proceed. Because of SIAC, state alarm management committees – where law enforcement and security works cooperatively to resolve issues – are sprouting step-by-step across the country.
- If SIAC were not around, the knowledge and experience brought to local issues would go away. The knowledge and experience of our staff is incalculable and leads to quicker solutions to problems, is less resource-intensive and provides the best value to all parties involved.
The benefits we provide could go on and on. Check out our web site if you’d like to find out more about our resources. Thank you for reading our blog “reminder” on some of the bigger reasons SIAC successfully serves the security industry. We appreciate your support and contributions.