What keeps you up at night? Is it the pace of change in the security industry or the need to examine and adopt new technologies? Do you lose sleep thinking about finding the right employees to fit your business model? We all have worries and challenges. Though ours are a bit different than those of a company in the security industry, we have our share of concerns regarding SIAC’s mission and how that affects our supporters. They include:
- Continuing to develop funding sources to meet increasing requests from law enforcement
- Heading off local policies and ordinances that place fines on security companies
- Finding key law enforcement officials to work with on alarm management committees and to develop quality local ordinances
- Driving our message to more businesses in the electronic security industry
- Working with other organizations to prepare the next generation of leaders on alarm management issues and other concerns the security industry faces in the years ahead
We could expand on that list, similar to any company, digging into details or adding more bullet points. But these are some of the broader strokes that affect us regularly and drive how we allocate our resources. The bottom line for SIAC is this: Continuing to build on our successes so that alarms are managed properly and problems that could affect the electronic security industry are dealt with proactively and swiftly.
Sometimes companies can become victims of their successes. There are individuals and companies who if they do their jobs properly, work themselves out of their role. Over the past 15 years, SIAC has had many successes, which can lead others to think our role is lesser today. Perhaps that should be the sixth bullet that keeps us up at night.
It is certainly a concern for us, but at the same time we believe our mission has never been more important to the security industry. As we continue improving relationships with law enforcement, refining our approach on alarm ordinances and applying proven successes to new communities, every company in our industry benefits. Our image improves, and you have another selling point for customers – stronger support from communities and customers because we’ve helped raise the bar on alarm management practices.
If you already support SIAC, thank you, and we look forward to working with you in the months and years ahead. If you’d like to consider a contribution, please click here. With your support, we can sleep a little easier.